Our client, a global law firm based in stunning offices, currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounting Manager - Europe to join their team on a permanent basis. This position would be responsible for the oversight of all accounting records for the European offices, and responsible for the UK LLP accounts preparation and audit, working closely with the Director of Finance - Europe. The role will also support the management of all European tax matters in collaboration with the Director of Finance - Europe and the Firm's Director of Taxes.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Prepare UK LLP accounts and act as main point of contact during the audit.
- Review and approve journal entries for European offices.
- Review and approve balance sheet and bank reconciliations.
- Involvement in the firm wide budget process.
- Management of cash balances, for European office; coordinate cash management activities with the Treasury department.
- Manage the UK Charitable Foundation.
- Support the preparation and review of tax returns and payments for the Firm's European offices, including the monitoring of deadlines.
- Collaborate with members of the tax department in the preparation and review of US tax returns as they relate to European tax implications.
- Ensure all VAT regulations are adhered to for income and expenses; review monthly VAT reconciliations and compile and file quarterly VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in gathering information necessary to support inquiries and audits from various taxing authorities.
- Closely collaborate and serve as a trusted business partner on European tax matters with the Director of Finance - Europe and the Firmwide Tax function.
- Develop and maintain European tax books and records in collaboration with the Director of Finance - Europe and the Firmwide Tax function.
- Working with and supporting the development of staff across the European Finance teams, ensuring they are utilized appropriately and adequately trained, developing and mentoring staff and supporting department.
- Streamline and enhance processes within the department.
- Involved in staff selection process.
- Act as back up other team members during periods of absence and as needed.
- Assist in any ad-hoc assignments as and when they arise.
The ideal candidate for the Accounting Manager - Europe role will be qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and will have law firm or professional services experience. You should have at least seven years' experience and knowledge of European and Cross Border tax matters gained from a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of CMS Aderant and/or Elite Enterprise or 3e would be highly desirable. If you feel you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.