My client a well-established law firm based in the heart of the city, are recruiting for an
Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis.
For this role the hours will be Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm with also some agile working.
- Responsible to maintain the London Office Accounts function in accordance with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounts administration
- Working closely with the Accounts Co-Ordinator and the Financial Services Department.
- Ensure records are maintained in compliance with UK regulatory requirements and with the Firm's policies and procedures, ensuring all financial deadlines are met.
- Daily review of all Firm bank accounts
- Prompt processing of all Client Account transactions, disbursements, and receipts
- Maintaining the accounts in accordance with SAR regulations
- Ensure all supplier invoices, personal expense claims and other forms of expenditure are recorded, authorised, and paid in an efficient and timely manner.
- Help prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Maintain records for P11D reporting and end of year PSA calculation
- Receive and respond to queries relating to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare cheque and wire payments
- Experience using Elite software is highly desired, due to the nature of the role, candidates must be able to manage their own workload, must be able to multi task and have good judgement in making decisions.
The successful Accounts Assistant will need to be extremely enthusiastic, hard working, have good time management skills as well as strong communication and organisational skills. You should also have some previous accounts payable experience within a professional services organisation ideally 2 years minimum.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Ryder Reid Legal for further details.