We are recruiting for a Financial Risk & Compliance Analyst to join one of our international law firm clients on a permanent basis.
The role will provide direct support to the Financial Risk and Compliance Supervisor, the Financial Risk and Compliance Analyst and the rest of the London office AML team and is responsible for assisting with monitoring and controlling the Firm's risk and compliance in relation to AML (anti-money laundering), CTF (counter-terrorist financing), KYC (know your customer requirements) checks and related compliance issues.
Some essential duties will include:
- AML/CTF: Understand all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures, guidance and best practice, including SRA regulations and guidance and Legal Sector Affinity Group guidance.
- Ensure AML record keeping and administration tasks are performed to a high standard and with detailed care and attention.
- Perform new business intake tasks in the London office e.g. carrying out Client Due Diligence (CDD) and AML database checks using various databases and search facilities.
- Undertake research on new and existing (including high risk) clients and matters using research tools including analysis of constitutional documents, organisational structure charts and advising whether additional CDD is required.
- Undertake and draft detailed risk assessments for lawyers analysing relevant client and matter risks including identifying high risk factors, CDD/EDD steps undertaken, adverse media screening checks, source of wealth and funds analysis and ancillary information.
- Liaise with lawyers and other colleagues globally (over 40 offices) in relation to UK AML/KYC requirements and client on-boarding.
- Undertake monitoring of the Firm's clients in compliance with ongoing monitoring obligations and monitor risk assessment processes.
- Assist in the preparation for internal and external audits of the Firm's AML and related compliance procedures.
The firm are working a hybrid policy, so you will have a flexible working pattern. If you have two year's risk and compliance or relevant experience at law firm, then please apply.