Our client, a prestigious international law firm is seeking a Conflicts Analyst to assist their London Office.
The role offers hybrid working in the heart of London.
As an AML/Conflicts Analyst, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for new business conflicts checks on a daily basis with exposure to lateral hire conflicts checks on as needed basis
- Data entry, searching and analysis of conflicts data as supplied by secretaries, attorneys, marketing and other administrative support staff into the Firm's conflicts and new business intake system
- Understanding the business intake and conflicts search process in accordance with Firm policies and procedures
- Ensure that complete, documented conflict searches are performed for the clients of lateral hire candidates, and major organisational relationships of and investments made by Firm attorneys
- Prepare and analyse reports and effectively summarise conflict check results in collaboration with the Conflicts Manager
- Understand legal relationships and the nature of representation undertaken between companies and individuals and incorporate those relationships into the conflicts database and in report analysis
- Maintain a working knowledge of technology relating to new business intake and conflicts and effectively create work flow changes in the system
- Assign new client/matter numbers for new firm matters and ensure that all waivers, when needed, have been received
- Client Due Diligence (CDD) Process, including managing high risk clients, and Business Acceptance Committee Processes
- Sanctions monitoring, including sanction updates
- Assessment of AML risk depending on client's jurisdictions, legal regulatory position and commercial activities
- Assist in compliance auditing and non-compliance reporting
- Assist in advising the firm on its AML and professional ethical compliance obligations and standards
- Assume any other duties/special projects as assigned by manager
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years experience in a Conflicts/compliance environment within a law firm.
If this sounds like a good fit for you then please don't hesitate to apply!