Our global law firm client has an exciting new opportunity for an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Specialist to join their London office. The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Specialist will be responsible for conducting client due diligence on new and existing clients of the firm to ensure that the firm's legal and regulatory obligations in the UK, EMEA region are complied with.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participates in the intake of new matters to the Firm where the involvement of a regulated person or entity triggers an anti-money laundering (AML) risk assessment.
- Based upon risk assessments, employs various print and electronic resources to research and confirm the identities of clients, beneficial owners, and third-party payors and understand their businesses and their means of payment.
- Locates and obtains company incorporation or regulatory information for clients and beneficial owners in Brussels, Frankfurt, Dubai, Johannesburg, the U.K. and the U.S., in furtherance of the Firm's client due diligence (CDD) obligations.
- Maintains an internal AML database of CDD information about Firm clients and other relevant parties, in line with Law Society regulations and Firm policy, and updates expired information.
- Communicates daily with partners, administrators, and staff about AML compliance, explaining the legal requirements and working to obtain the necessary CDD information. Responds to questions from Firm lawyers and staff about the AML regulations and Firm policy.
- Attends to the monthly audit of U.S. matters requiring AML review to ensure the U.S. partners involved are aware of the requirements and confirming they comply as needed.
- Escalates high risk matters and requests for exemption to AML Lawyers or the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for review, by presenting a memo explaining the risk factors involved with the particular case.
- Maintains knowledge of changes in the AML regulations and obtains regular training to stay abreast of requirements. Trains new staff in Firm AML policies and procedures.
- Participates in software updates and enhancements, including testing new versions or new products and reporting on results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have prior anti-money laundering experience within a law firm or professional services. You must be an enthusiastic self-starter with highly effective communication skills and a strong client service ethic. The ability to build strong and effective relationships across the business is essential, as is excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.