The following role is initially being offered on a 6-month contract basis…
Our client, a very prominent Government body, is seeking a highly professional PA/EA with previous experience of working at Board level to ensure a high-level service to the Chair, the Chief Executive and Legal Counsel. This is a position of responsibility and your duties will include;
- Manage the day-to-day arrangements of the Board and its Committees: Nominations & Remuneration, Financial Audit, Health, Safety & Security and Risk, Assurance & Audit
- Set up, develop and manage the Board and Committee Terms of Reference, any schemes of delegations and associated regulations and ensure implementation
- Support the scheduling and operation of the Board and its Committees, including management of agendas and any necessary papers/reports for each meeting in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure the provision of high-quality support to all Board business to include maintenance of a forward plan of agenda items and liaising with the Chair to prepare agendas, preparing, checking and issuing minutes
- In consultation with the Chair, Chief Executive and others, develop the establishment of the Board's meeting process and the governance arrangements for the submission of papers, circulation of reports and agendas. Ensure that any actions are followed-up and tracked, and that ownership is taken of any governance issues
- Set and maintain quality standards for material presented to the Board, to ensure all papers are timely, strategic, focused and clear in their submission
- Ensure the meetings and associated arrangements of the Board and its committee's represent value for public money
Ideally, you will be a degree educated individual but any candidate with the above experience on their CV within the Public or Private Sector will most certainly be considered. You will be confident, polished and hardworking, able to show previous experience of working under pressure and to strict timescales within a similar environment.
For a comprehensive job spec and a more in-depth discussion, please send your CV to register your interest!