Fantastic opportunity to join a successful global law firm as their Associate Development and Training Manager.
The Associate Development & Training Manager (ADM) based in London manages the staffing for the Litigation & Restructuring and Corporate & Capital Markets associates, trainees, stagiaires, and paralegals in the London and Paris offices. The ADM will report directly to the Director of Professional Development and assist generally with Firm administration
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the matter assignment system in London and Paris offices for associates at all levels, trainees, stagiaires, and paralegals including coordinating with partners and other supervising lawyers to identify staffing needs.
- Monitor workloads and professional development of associates and allocates additional work with an eye toward achieving an equitable distribution of assignments consistent with the clients' needs and the associates' individual professional development goals. Encourages and facilitates cross-departmental and cross-office staffing on matters.
- Monitor associate, stagiaire, and paralegal performance evaluations, both formal and informal, works with the Director of Professional Development to facilitate the delivery of formal reviews, and facilitates the provision of real-time interim feedback.
- Work with the Director of Professional Development and US Associate Development Managers on firm-wide initiatives designed to enhance associate development and retention.
- Work with the Director of Professional Development to facilitate associate trainee, stagiaires, and paralegal on-boarding and integration. Conducts department orientation for new hires and facilitates matters relating to the departure of lawyers, trainees, stagiaires, and paralegals, including transitioning cases to remaining personnel and conducting exit interviews.
- Work with the Director of Professional Development to design and implement legal and professional skills training programs to support associate, stagiaire, and paralegal development of core competencies.
- Work with the Trainee Principal to facilitate the trainee program, monitors trainees' workloads and performance, and conducts formal evaluations.
- Work with the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to promote an equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Work with the Recruiting team on lateral hiring.
- Facilitate and foster effective communication within the Departments and among the associates, trainees, stagiaires, paralegals and the Managing Directors. Performs a variety of administrative duties to ensure smooth operations within the Departments.
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of the Departments' systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and sound practice of law for the Firm's lawyers.
The ideal candidate will be admitted as a Solicitor in England and will have relevant experience, preferably from a large law firm. You must have excellent interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Sound judgment and the ability to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information is required.