Our client, a leading US law firm with true global reach and a strong London presence, is keen to attract a talented HR professional to work as Associate Director. Supporting the London Director of Administration (DOA), your job will be to not only to run the HR function for London, Europe and the Middle East, but also to oversee the entire London operation in the Director of Administration's (DOA's) absence. With your degree education or relevant HR qualification, you will lead by example and promote a positive work environment that encourages teamwork and, in particular, personal development. As Associate Director of HR, it will be your responsibility to handle the following;
- Recruitment: preliminary CV screening, interviews, employee contracts (extensions/terminations)
- Manage performance issues, including performance improvement plans
- Undertake staff appraisal/performance reviews and handle any compensation administration as a result
- Streamline processes, ensuring compliance with local employment laws, to support Lawyers' needs and maintain consistent HR practices
- Assist the DOA with the HR budget, managing expenses within the budget
- Leads both Training Initiatives and Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives in consultation with the Chief HR Officer and Partners
To be considered, you will be a significantly experienced HR professional with a solid career history and proven, in depth experience of handling the HR function within a coveted multi-national firm. You will be either degree/masters or CIPD qualified with the confidence to make decisions, to forge relationships and to bring cohesion where needed. You must have knowledge of pertinent employment laws and be able to establish effective relationships at all levels within the Partnership.
Previous top tier law firm experience is highly desirable but if you have the above experience gained within a similar professional services environment, you will also be considered.
The firm in question is considered one of the marquee US law firms and opportunities such as this are quite rare, so for a comprehensive job specification or for an off record, in depth chat, please call or apply register your interest.