This is an amazing opportunity for an outstanding graduate or someone with a small amount of experience in the professional services or legal marketing sector to join the London-based BD and communications team of an outstanding international law firm.
The Assistant will support, and work under the guidance of, the London-based Associate Director and
Analyst in working with European partners, lawyers and the global BD and communications team on
efforts to generate increased business for the Firm. You will leverage research, writing, technical
and communication skills in undertaking a broad range of business development activities.
The following core tasks are required, although other duties may also be assigned.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, and/or Analyst, the Assistant will:
- Assist in preparing targeted presentations such as pitch books, short form brochures and deal sheets.
- Assemble simple pitch books and brochures or elements of more complex documents.
- Complete production aspects (editing, fact checking, proofreading) to ensure materials are accurate and on time. Work with the Graphics Specialist on creative elements.
- Assist in updating lawyer biographies over multiple channels (print, digital).
- Keep client, target client data and key contact information up-to-date on the Firm's client relationship management (CRM) system and also maintain a complete record of all pitches, meetings and outreach. This will require close working with London, Paris, Frankfurt and Brussels secretaries and CRM administrators (based in New York).
- Support on the successful planning and execution of London office client events, includingseminars, webinars and receptions.
- Undertake market research, competitor analysis projects and other adhoc research projects.
- Review and update European practice information as it is presented on the Firm's external web site and other internal materials. Ensure content is kept up-to-date.
- Liaise with New York-based business development team to provide European practice deal information to the key league table providers, such as Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Support on European submissions to legal directories, guides, awards and other surveys to ensure the Firm continues its strong standing in core practices areas and gains increased recognition in growth areas.
- Providing general administrative support to the European BD team.
- Be an ambassador for the firm-wide BD team, promoting best practice and delivering quality and excellence at all times.
- In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining Firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the Firm's information security policies, protecting Firm assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA or equivalent required.
- Prior experience of the professional services/legal marketing sector and working within a partnership environment is desirable (6 months +).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful.