This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced business development professional who is strategic, energetic and highly motivated to join a very successful global law firm in London.
Are you a highly motivated business development professional with a strong commercial acumen, the ability to get to know the business quickly and develop a broad range of relationships, and a proactive, engaging and energetic style. The firm is looking for someone who will bring a strategic mindset and strong planning and advisory skills, along with a willingness to dive into the detail and take a hands-on approach to implementing the delivery of the groups' business plans.
The Business Development Executive role is a busy and demanding position yet hugely satisfying and rewarding. The successful applicant will work across the Employment, Pensions and Mobility and Financial Services Regulatory and Competition practice groups. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes, knowledge, skills and experience:
- A can-do attitude with a bias for action
- Proactive, tenacious and creative approach
- Strong commercial awareness and focus
- Solid business development/client relationship management experience at a similar level from within the legal sector or professional services
- Experience within the corporate legal and or tech sector will be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills -both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire the fee earners to deliver business goals and change behaviour where required
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure
- Coach partners and lawyers on effective BD tactics to drive revenue growth, strengthen client relationships and promote the reputation of the practice.
- Facilitate the BD planning process, develop the BD and marketing strategy, implement activities arising from the plan and regularly monitor progress.
- Work with the Practice Area Leader to define the type of matters to pursue aligned with our strategic capabilities and profitability targets.
- Guide and challenge partners on new opportunities, assessing whether opportunities fit with strategy (doing fewer things better).
- Work with individual lawyers and partners on their BD plans. Promote cross-selling of clients across the partnership.
- Devise and deliver BD programmes to win more of the work we want to win.
- Manage client targeting programmes and lead on strategic pursuits.
- Lead, advise and manage major opportunities and work closely with our bids team to convert 'must win' pitches, shaping the narrative, drafting compelling sales copy and rehearsing teams.
- Leverage panel appointments and lead on the on-boarding of new clients. Develop an action plan to drive revenue growth.
- Analyse our client base, identify key decision makers and develop a deep understanding of the strategic agenda of key clients and where that may translate into growth opportunities.
- Invest time to build a deep understanding of our markets, client base and the firm. Connect with clients and use this insight to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Implement relevant client initiatives to position the practice as highly relevant to the client's priorities and differentiated from other law firms. Work with partners to ensure that opportunities are exploited.
- Undertake client listening. Work with partners to ensure feedback is actioned.
- Develop external network through intermediaries, attend industry networking events to sell the firm and connect contacts with appropriate lawyers.
This opportunity is not one to be missed by anyone who is ambitious and wants to expand their knowledge, grow their career in business development and gain experience working with some of the best people in the business.
There will be a lot of interest in this vacancy, so don't delay and get in touch with us today!