This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced BD professional who demonstrates strong commercial acumen and has a proactive, engaging and energetic style. The role is important in helping the firm to build on client development and profile-raising work and to create a more structured approach to BD activities within a highly successful international law firm.
The Corporate BD Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of strategic business development plans for all four practice areas within the firm. The role will operate across the global business but most closely with partners and lawyers in London, Dublin, Dubai and the US.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the implementation of the Corporate BD & Marketing Plans.
- Working with the Senior BD Manager to translate practice and sector goals into specific BD objectives and tasks.
- Working with partners, the Senior BD Manager and Bids team as required to pitch for new business opportunities, draft or co-ordinate the writing of pitch documents and credential statements.
- Collaborate with the Events and BD Operations teams on client events for your practices and take responsibility for running practice or sector-specific seminars and networking events.
- Develop and maintain the information necessary to market the groups for which you and the team are responsible, supported by the BD Ops team.
- Support internal communications to ensure that there is a good understanding of BD activities throughout the firm.
- Manage and support specific thought leadership campaigns, BD products, client communications and marketing initiatives, working with the wider BD, Marketing & Comms team.
- Enabling pro-active cross-selling into and out of Corporate teams.
- Lead on the creation of directory/award submissions to increase market profile and perception of teams.
- Building trust with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels and promoting understanding and the reputation of the BD, Marketing and Comms team.
- Building strong working relationships with colleagues in international locations to strengthen collaboration and information exchange between all parts of the firm.
- Representing Corporate BD effectively and positively within the BDMC exec peer group and across the function e.g. by presenting at BDMC meetings.
This opportunity must not be missed by anyone who is ambitious and wants to expand their knowledge, grow their career in a leadership role and gain experience working with some of the best people in the business.
There will be a lot of interest in this vacancy, so don't delay and get in touch with us today.