This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and talented Business Development Manager to join the London Corporate, Investment Management, and Tax practices of a very successful global law firm. You will work alongside experienced professionals, including the Senior Business Development Manager and the Director of International Business Development.
This role offers exposure to multiple practices and regions, providing ample growth opportunities for the successful candidate. The BDM will be responsible for meeting the business and practice development needs of the firm, while prioritising exceptional service to the firm's lawyers, advisors, and staff.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a law firm environment.
- Experience working in or knowledge of corporate, investment management, and tax essential.
- Self-starter, strong leadership and consensus-building skills required to work closely with staff, attorneys, firm leadership, clients, and senior business executives on a routine basis.
- Strong project management abilities are a must, including setting priorities, analysing, planning, organisation, follow-through, delegation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, build, manage, and track budgets, and analyse ROI.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with InterAction preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong work ethic and service orientation.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
- Team player and collegiate approach.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload, work independently and as a member of teams, and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary.
- Poise, tact, and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a marketing-related field; advanced degree or Masters a plus.
- Develop and execute effective marketing and business development strategies for assigned practice groups, including identifying new opportunities through market research and proactively seeking additional or new work.
- Coordinate conferences, seminars, sponsorships, and other speaking or writing opportunities that align with practice goals to attract new clients, develop existing client relationships and increase brand visibility.
- Manage cross-practice initiatives and client and industry teams to expand business across more than two practices, including identifying cross-selling opportunities and implementing structured marketing campaigns, client targeting, pitching, and events.
- Prepare and distribute marketing materials such as brochures, advertisements, newsletters, and client mailings.
- Manage and implement internal and external practice events and partnerships with local organisations to enhance the firm's visibility and reputation in the local market.
- Prepare directory submissions and awards submissions (working with the COMMS team) for assigned practice groups and facilitate communication among practices.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and research, and manage client development expenses by practice group and prepare annual budgets.
- Manage and build relationships with new and existing clients, and supervise and provide guidance to colleagues.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings and prepare necessary reports and presentations.
- Manage posting and updates to blogs and other sections of the firm's website.
The firm offers comprehensive benefits designed to help employees balance their work/life responsibilities, as well as continuing professional development opportunities. The long tenure of their employees speaks to the strength and appeal of their culture and values.
This opportunity is a must for anyone who is ambitious and wants to progress in the world of BD and work with some of the best professionals in the industry. There will be a lot of interest in this vacancy, so don't miss out and get in touch with us today!