This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and talented business development and/or marketing professional with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a law firm who is ready to take their first step up to BD Manager level. You will be supported by the dynamic marketing team in an outstanding, service-oriented global law firm.
Collegiality, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Intensity are the core values and guiding principles behind how the firm approaches it's work and also how they approach working with each other.
The diverse talents and essential contributions of their staff is one of the firm's strongest assets. They seek to attract, develop and retain the very best talent in the legal services industry by providing a dynamic work culture that promotes respect, diversity, collaboration, service and growth.
The firm also offers comprehensive benefits designed to help employees balance their work/life responsibilities, as well as continuing professional development opportunities. The long tenure of their employees speaks to the strength and appeal of their culture and values.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Experience working in or knowledge of corporate, investment management, and tax.
- Self-starter, strong leadership and consensus-building skills required to work closely with staff, attorneys, firm leadership, clients, and senior business executives on a routine basis.
- Strong project management abilities are a must, including setting priorities, analysing, planning, organisation, follow-through, delegation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, build, manage, and track budgets, and analyse ROI.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with InterAction preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong work ethic and service orientation.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
- Team player and collegiate approach.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a marketing-related field; advanced degree or Masters a plus.
As the Business Development Manager (BDM) for the Financial Restructuring and Financial Regulatory practices, this is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to work alongside the Senior Business Development Manager for the groups. The BDM will be responsible for meeting the business and practice development needs of the groups, while prioritising exceptional service to the firm's lawyers, advisors, and staff.
- Develop and execute effective marketing and business development strategies for assigned practice groups, including identifying new opportunities through market research and proactively seeking additional or new work.
- Coordinate conferences, seminars, sponsorships, and other speaking or writing opportunities that align with practice goals to attract new clients, develop existing client relationships and increase brand visibility.
- Manage cross-practice initiatives and client and industry teams to expand business across more than two practices, including identifying cross-selling opportunities and implementing structured marketing campaigns, client targeting, and events.
- Manage pitches, proposals, and responses to RFPs, and related research and follow-through, including tracking wins and losses
- Prepare and distribute marketing materials such as brochures, advertisements, newsletters, and client mailings.
- Manage and implement internal and external practice events and partnerships with local organisations to enhance the firm's visibility and reputation in the local market.
- Prepare directory submissions and awards submissions (working with the COMMS team) for assigned practice groups and facilitate communication among practices.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and research, and manage client development expenses by practice group and prepare annual budgets.
- Manage and build relationships with new and existing clients, and supervise and provide guidance to colleagues.
There will be a lot of interest in this vacancy, so don't miss out and get in touch with us today!