Exciting opportunity for a Benefits and Well-being Specialist to join the London office of a highly successful and dynamic global law firm.
The Benefits and Well-being Specialist will work across the UK, Europe and Asia offices. The aim of this role is to support and enhance the benefit and well-being programmes in the UK, Europe and Asia offices and will be responsible for assisting with market reviews and implementing benefits competitive in the local markets. This role will proactively liaise and leverage external resources (vendors and consultants) and internal firm partners (HR, Payroll, Finance, etc.) to identify gaps and to create efficient processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for supporting and enhancing the benefits and well-being programming in the UK, Europe and Asia offices, including the annual renewal processes in December/January.
- Responsible for assisting with sourcing and conducting market surveys and drafting proposals for the benefits and well-being programming for UK, Europe and Asian offices. Once implemented/enhanced, working with local offices to maintain benefit and well-being plans.
- Drafting communications for Europe and Asian offices such as office-wide benefits guides, web page content, etc.
- Organise and actively participate in office benefit fairs (where appropriate). Generate good working relationships with suppliers and vendors; schedule ad hoc "contract review" meetings to encourage regular dialogue and feedback; measure SLAs.
- Prepare annual benefits documents for new joiners and leavers.
- Promote and facilitate education about all office benefit programmes and encourage questions and engagement. Maintains and revises technical and administrative specifications of the plans including updating and posting appropriate documents on the iNet.
- Works with local HR teams and U.S. Well-Being Specialist to acknowledge and raise awareness of key calendar events
- Prepares budget/budget reforecast information with local HR input to Managing Director, Benefits, HRIS and HR Operations for Europe and Asia offices.
- Recommends and implements improvements to existing internal audit procedures, as well as develops and implements new internal audit procedures to ensure accuracy of benefits enrolments and compliance with legal regulations. Identify and resolve data discrepancies to ensure consistency and accuracy of benefit calculations, and reconcile accounts for UK, Europe and Asia.
- Assists the UK HR Assistant (when required) in the administration of all UK partner health and welfare benefit plans and supports the U.S. Benefits Team with partner health and welfare benefit plans for UK, Europe and Asia, working alongside the U.S. Benefits Team and local HR teams.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the firm's benefits, policies and procedures. Supports HR Assistant with UK benefits queries and acts as main contact for Europe and Asia benefit queries.
- Conducts benefits orientations for onboarding new joiners and partners in UK (along with HR Assistant) and for Europe and Asia. Recommends presentation or content enhancements. Educates wider HR team on local benefit plans.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated and ideally be CIPD or MHFA qualified. You will have solid prior experience in HR Benefits or in a wider HR role, handling benefits in an international environment. You must have a strong working knowledge of UK statutory benefits requirements and UK employment legislation as well as an understanding of European/Asian statutory requirements and market practices. You will be able to work independently and exercise sound judgement, be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines. You will be able to anticipate problems and focus on appropriate solutions while incorporating differing viewpoints, and have the ability to work effectively in a multi-office global environment.