This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced bids professional who will support the firm in winning new business opportunities for both practice and sector-based legal teams. You will be responsible for working collaboratively with colleagues to develop compelling content that accurately showcases the firm's offering. You will report to the Head of Business Development and receive support from the wider Business Development team as needed. The successful candidate will be an energetic, driven, and focused individual with the ability to establish relationships and trust quickly.
This role sits within the Marketing and Business Development Department led by the Head of Business Development. The team are a closely knit, hardworking team dealing with a full spectrum of tasks including tenders, bids, proposals, seminars, events, digital marketing, PR, responsible business and marketing.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead tenders from initial opportunity through to drafting, submission, post submission feedback, and reporting
- Manage input from practice area experts across the firm, including partners and business support teams
- Understand all elements of a quality submission and ensure responses correctly and fully address these; Identify individual evaluation criteria for each tender and explain this to key stakeholders, particularly concerning pricing
- Design compelling presentations and prepare key staff for interviews and clarification meetings;
- Produce tender analysis and report on themes from client feedback
- Effectively hand over clients once agreements have been signed to the wider Client and Business Development team
- Maintain an up-to-date library of precedent text
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of the tender/bids process, ideally within a professional services setting
- Experience working with, and managing, internal stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management skills with the ability to manage multiple changing priorities
- Previous experience of handling sensitive situations and data with confidentiality and good judgement
This opportunity must not be missed by anyone who is ambitious and wants to expand their knowledge, grow their career in a leadership role and gain experience working with some of the best people in the business.
There will be a lot of interest in this vacancy, so don't delay and get in touch with us today.