A highly regarded US law firm based in a stunning iconic City office currently has an excellent opportunity for a Billing & Collections Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis. The role will involve coordinating, reviewing, processing and posting client bills. You would be assisting lawyers and billing assistants with implementing client billing guidelines and assisting with the collection of accounts receivable, and ensuring that all financial transactions for London are timely and accurately processed and that they adhere to the Solicitors Accounts Rules. This is a busy and varied role which will involve and not be limited to:
Billing and Collections:
- Ensuring that client and matter data and billing rates are correctly set up.
- Generating and distributing prebills.
- Revising prebills, posting changes and generating client bills.
- Ensuring billing is consistent with firm policies, guidelines and ethical standards.
- Assisting with the implementation of electronic billing.
- Following up with billing attorneys on delinquent billing.
- Assisting with collections activity as required.
Accounts Payable Processing and Coordination:
- Responsible for collection activity on routine client balances and provides support on other collection items as required.
- Respond to collection inquiries from clients and attorneys.
- Monitor client payment trends and report to management those accounts requiring additional collection effort.
- Develop a working relationship with Billing Attorney/Partners to obtain client insight and to provide attorneys with assistance to support the Collection Process.
Previous legal billing experience is required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and essential and the successful candidate must have the ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and meet stringent deadlines. Strong word processing, database and spreadsheet software skills are required. If you feel you meet the above requirements and would like to be part of a great team please contact Ryder Reid Legal ASAP.