Our prestigious and expanding international law firm client is recruiting for a brand-new Billing & Collections Administrator to join them on a permanent basis. The successful Billing & Collections Administrator will be responsible for coordinating billing for various partners, secretaries, and their clients for the firm's international offices (currently across EMEA).
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Order, prepare, and distribute pre-bills for assigned billing partners/accounts
- Assist with electronic billing functions including; pulling disbursement back up, transmitting bills electronically, updating client detail with various electronic billing vendors, etc.
- Prepare, produce, and finalise invoices
- Review final invoices to ensure data integrity and that they adhere to both SRA, UK & EC VAT regulations
- This position will have direct contact with billing partners to resolve billing related issues
- Reprint posted invoices and provide copies as necessary
- Produce ad hoc reports as requested
- Assist with billing overflow from other offices as needed
- Update billing addresses and payer information as needed
- Attend regular meetings with the partners to discuss their billing requirements, WIP and AR
- Responsible for providing the partners with regular "lock up" reports
- Liaise with partners and clients on the collection of unpaid fees
- Dealing with VAT questions/queries
- Responsible for maintaining the current "deal" forecast updating regularly with estimated deal closings dates and fee estimates
- Respond in a timely manner to Client Accounting emails and help line calls
- Assist with preparing client and/or attorney analyses as needed
- Responsible for client audit report preparation
- Maintain client/matter maintenance information
- Support collections staff members in processing billing adjustments, verifying client account balances and assisting in other collections projects as needed
- Prepare Aged Receivables to review with Partner to establish collection activity.
- Contact clients to establish payment status, send copy invoices/statements where needed & resolve/manage queries that may be encountered.
- Update progress on collections software
- Escalate collection issues to both Partner & Collections Management
- Provide feedback on expected collection performance for area of responsibility to Collections/Finance Management.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience grained from working in a similar position within a law firm. A good working knowledge of the accounting system Aderant Expert or Elite would be advantageous. You must possess good interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with partners, lawyers, clients and staff. You must be able to identify and analyse issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.