Great opportunity for an experienced BD and Comms professional to join a US-headquartered law firm.
Reporting into the Global Director of Business Development and Communications, the Business Development & Communications Manager - London ("BD&C Manager") is responsible for organising a range of marketing and business development activities relevant to the London office practices and lawyers, as well as taking a leading role on firmwide BD&C initiatives. The BD&C Manager is responsible for ensuring that business development, marketing and communications initiatives of the London office are integrated and consistent with the Firm's strategies and policies. The BD&C Manager is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients, producing work product of the highest quality, and fostering an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
The position involves working closely in a team environment with firmwide staff and the London office to:
- Ensure that all BD&C initiatives of the London office are compliant with Firm policies, procedures and strategic priorities
- Facilitate communication within the London office and with firmwide Business Development & Communications
- Support business development activities in the London office and collaborate with BD team on firmwide activities/initiatives
- Track experience of London attorneys and work with U.S. team to maintain updated experience database
- Coordinate drafting of local legal directory, recognition and awards submissions for the London office
- Convene regular meetings with the London attorneys to review performance against agreed business development objectives and communicate findings and action plans to the Global Director of Business Development
- Provide support, sometimes in a lead role, for development and execution of firmwide BD&C initiatives, such as practice group BD efforts (maintaining a regular schedule of BD meetings, developing agendas for those meetings, and broadly supporting the practices with profile-raising activities)
- Assist with cross-office identification of key client targets, tracking of client contacts and follow-up
- Ensure that client events are well executed
- Create and manage the Business Development budget in conjunction with London attorneys and Global Director of Business Development
The BD&C Manager must be flexible to changing responsibilities in order to best meet the needs of the department and the London office.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and around 5 years of experience, ideally from a professional services firm. You must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills. You must be able to prioritise and manage workload, work independently and as a member of teams, and complete tasks under time pressure as necessary. You will have a strong work ethic and a commitment to professional growth and development.