An exciting new Business Development Manager role is now open within "Global 20" law firm with more than 1000 lawyers across 20 offices worldwide. They are seeking a driven candidate with extensive experience in the realm of Business Development to act as the primary Business Development lead for the London office.
This will be a highly rewarding, vital and diverse position involving close working relationships with partners in the London office and colleagues across the EMEA region and the wider Marketing Department to implement new Business Development and go-to Market Strategies.
- Organise and drive client targeting program for supported areas, including prompting and monitoring pursuit activities, and tracking results and ROI.
- Create and update marketing materials for the office and related practices, including website content, brochures, lawyer biographies, at-a-glance documents, etc.
- Identify and manage the firm's participation in sponsorships, conferences, memberships and other key profile-building opportunities for the practice, office and individual lawyers.
- Coordinate firm-hosted business development events, including receptions, client entertainment outings, substantive presentations, webcasts, etc., working closely with participating lawyers and Marketing Dept. colleagues on invitation list development, event materials, participant tracking, on-site management and targeted follow-up activities.
- Drive strategic research on potential clients, competitors and industry developments more broadly to monitor business trends and opportunities and ensure that K&S is optimally positioned to grow market share.
- Identify new opportunities for business growth and brand building for related practice areas and actively collaborate with BD colleagues to share and leverage such opportunities and best practices.
Required skills and qualities:
The ideal candidate for the Business Development Manager position will have strong experience of Business Development/Marketing within a law firm environment. You must have the ability to take ownership of the firm's Business Development initiatives, with flexible and strategic methods. Adaptability is crucial for this role as the business expands and new needs arise.
Furthermore, the Business Development Manager must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills when working alongside senior lawyers, and other professionals. You must also be approachable and able to work collaboratively with staff throughout the firm.
Excellent project and people management skills, with keen attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and execute multiple ongoing projects often under tight deadlines are all essential. The Business Development Manager must also be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and CRM.