A new exciting role as Business Development Manager is now open within the London office of a forward thinking and prestigious international law firm. The Business Development Manager will be integral to the delivery of marketing and business development initiatives, alongside the firm's partners.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading the process of organising and delivering pitches and proposals, conducting research such as competitor trends, implementing new initiatives, awards and surveys and coordinating conferences and seminars. The Business Development Manager will be central to the maintenance of an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and improvement, whilst providing excellent service to the firm's lawyers, advisors and other staff.
Key responsibilities for the Business Development Manager will include:
- Work closely with the Office Managing Partner and Director of Administration to assist in the implementation of local practice group's action plans tracking the group's efforts to ensure deadlines are met.
- Identify and coordinate conferences, seminars, forums, sponsorships, and speaking and writing opportunities and ensure the content are in alignment of the firms' goals.
- Work closely with the Director of Administration on annual Business Development budgets.
- Prepare proposals/RFP responses in coordination with the lawyers ensuring marketing materials are updated quarterly, whilst Keeping track of proposal wins and losses.
- Provide updates regarding new business opportunities, market trends and competitive threats.
- Work alongside the Office Managing Partner to identify opportunities offering new services or improving existing services to attract high-value work and enhance value provided to clients.
- Utilising briefings, press clips, social media etc. to Foster internal and external communications about successes and opportunities within practice groups.
- promote exposure of the office, practices and individual lawyers by distributing brochures, advertisements, newsletters, and client mailings to promote exposure of the office, practices and individual lawyers.
- Coordinate meetings with reporters and draft, edit, and issue press releases relating to deals, appointments, etc.
The successful candidate for the Business Development Manager role will have solid marketing experience within a law firm and a related Batchelors degree. You must have excellent written and oral communication skills, alongside strong editing skills. You will be committed to professional growth with service orientation, maintaining a professional attitude when interacting with internal and external contacts. Finally, the successful candidate will preferably have strong experience with InterAction and Adobe InDesign. If you fit the above criteria, please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.