Our hugely successful global law firm client seeks a Business Development Manager to support the IP and Data practices. Reporting into the Senior International Business Development Manager and the London partners, the Business Development Manager will:
- Assist the Senior BD Manager to formulate and deliver the business development and marketing strategy, and prioritise activities that deliver revenue growth.
- Work closely with partners and other lawyers to drive profitable revenue growth, strengthen client relationships, and enhance the brand and profile of these practice areas.
- Be responsible for at least one strategic, growth or intermediary relationship and will be expected to work towards a position whereby 30-40% of time/effort is focused externally.
- Act as a trusted advisor, working closely with the practice area leaders to help develop, draft and track
- Advise on BD investment decisions for the IP and Data teams, managing budget, aligning cost to strategy and reporting on ROI
- Manage BD initiatives for the team working with the wider BDMC team to implement and support
- Build external networks, attends regular functions representing the firm and the practice, and builds credible external relationships with clients, intermediaries and business networks as appropriate
- Support the Senior Manager in international BD activity for the IP and Data teams
- Lead on strategic pitches for the teams working with our Liverpool pitch team including scoping, writing, rehearsing and client feedback
- Devise and implement client plans in collaboration with the relationship partners and identify IP and Data
opportunities within our designated key client programmes
- Manage the process for developing key accounts by assigning responsibility for client plans within the
team, ensuring that plans are adequately maintained, and that actions are followed through by team
- Spot potential future clients by identifying opportunities and developing relationships
- Regularly provide suggestions for ways of enhancing client relationships and/or cross selling relationships
- Leads on relevant thought leadership projects
- Develops, designs and implements the thought leadership programmes, often in conjunction with an
- Ensures each thought leadership project has a sales plan which is owned and driven by the partner
sponsor and key stakeholders
- Supports the Business Development Director and Senior IP BD Manager on strategic BD projects,
managing initiatives, working with stakeholders across the firm and delivering successful, closely tracked
- Works closely with the BD team in Business Group C (within which the IP and Data teams sits) to deliver
a high standard of BD support
- Proactively commissions, organises and undertakes research to help BD drive initiatives and/or support
- Ensure that all practice group pages are actively managed so they remain up to date, high quality and
- Work closely with our Comms team on identifying media opportunities for the teams, alerting on work we
can profile and issues the team can comment on to raise their profile
- Manage the messaging of all major IP and Data submissions
- The role will have operational support from a team of executives and assistants based in Liverpool.