A highly successful global US law firm is looking for a Business Development Manager - Proposals & Training to join their forward thinking London office. The Business Development Manager for proposals and training is a key member of the firm's Marketing and Business Development Department. This role provides leadership and drives the strategy and execution of firmwide RFP responses, team processes and other major firmwide and business development initiatives.
The Business Development Manager - Proposals & Training's essential duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the process for responding to firmwide RFPs/RFIs; including, leading kick off meetings and "go/no go" discussions, participating in strategy sessions, drafting targeted, high quality content and updating and managing responses to questions about the firm.
- Building strong and cooperative relationships with other departments that contribute to RFPs, such as pricing, accounting, the Office of General Counsel, IT and others.
- Coach and prepare attorneys for client pitches and presentations.
- Manage and improve the firm's proposal and pitch tracking database.
- Work with business development team to ensure lawyers participate in post-RFP evaluations to obtain feedback.
- Based on RFP results, look for new areas of growth and proactively help develop a strategy for identifying pursuits.
- Work with senior BD team members and other stakeholders to develop and manage business development training for attorneys.
- Help build department wide marketing staff training program, including syllabus of helpful and required reading for various positions and responsibilities.
- Manage, track and analyse client preferred provider arrangements (PPAs) to ensure maximization of opportunity.
- Develop and help maintain marketing intranet pages for knowledge management purposes.
- Support Relationship Management client planning and execution.
- Manage, update and implement orientation/integration training for new BD team members.
Systems and Processes
- Refine use of business development tracking and reporting to facilitate and enhance business development activities.
- Support the implementation and continued development of firmwide, centralized experience database.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
The ideal candidate for the role of Business Development Manager - Proposals & Training will be degree educated and have a minimum of three years marketing experience within a Law or Professional Services firm, with a focus on pitches/proposals. You will have excellent writing, editing and research skills and be able to manage deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as first class attention to detail.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.