Our US headquartered international law firm client are seeking a Business Development Manager with a minimum of five years' experience in a similar or related position and preferably with more focus on client/business development rather than pure marketing/design.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the prioritization, development and implementation of business development plans to support activity across Practice Groups and industries with a focus on the UK & Europe, consistent with the firm's strategies.
- Support lawyers in the UK & Europe and globally to build, maintain and develop client relationships with current and prospective clients with their activities in and outbound from the UK & Europe.
- Drive a strategic focus on developing business across practice groups and industries with a view to developing current and prospective client relationships in the UK & Europe.
- Work collaboratively with industry groups to support, drive and implement industry-related activities across the UK & Europe.
- Work with business development colleagues to generate and co-ordinate activity in the UK & Europe with clients in the Client Alliance Program (CAP).
- Effectively organise information, gather resources and manage multiple projects.
- Generate high quality work products in multiple formats (e.g., presentation slides, Excel project plan, Word documents).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to accomplish multiple assignments and deliverables on an ongoing basis under very tight deadlines.
- Develop, support and implement recommendations and manages projects specifically related to achieving business development plan objectives from inception to completion.
- Create and maintain tracking and reporting tools as necessary (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, and reports).
- Participate in teleconferences and meetings to provide information and promote continued implementation of objectives identified in applicable business development plans.
- Research and analyse information to identify business development opportunities.
- Participate in Practice Group and local management meetings as requested.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing & Communications colleagues and other Firm departments, as needed.
- Participate in integrating lateral partners in the region with respect to business development activities (e.g., networking, promotional opportunities, etc.).
- Establish and adhere to Department budgets; seek opportunities to improve department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
- University degree in a related field or equivalent. An advanced degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in a similar or related position, ideally within a Law Firm, professional services firm, or related industry (i.e. investment banking, etc.) and managing mid to large scale projects.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape challenging major global law firms with particular focus on the UK & Europe.
- Experience in corporate strategic planning, business development, management consulting, finance or related fields.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement strategic business plans.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Experience excelling in highly matrixed work environment with ability to work across multiple business units and functional teams including across EMEA-wide offices.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills; strong communication and presentation skills required.
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance competing demands.
- Superior reasoning skills and sound business judgment to influence decision-making and effectively interface with executive management.
- Innovative and highly motivated.