An opportunity to join a prestigious and highly respected international law firm, within a growing team that handles claims made against professionals on an outsourced basis. The team handles claims on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels for pre litigated matters from the first notification of loss to resolution. This includes running a caseload that requires you to review and investigate cover, assist insured professionals to respond to claims and report to Insurers where necessary.
The team provides significant value to the wider law firm as an internal client through the provision of referral instructions to act as panel solicitors and is an important aspect of the firm's insurance business and future strategy.
Working with the Head of Claims and other team members, you will be responsible for the technical and efficient delivery of service. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviors that make for an attractive and varied legal career.
Key Responsibilities Day to day duties likely to include:
- Review insurance policy terms, identify, investigate and report potential issues to insurers.
- Assist Insured's to respond appropriately to complaints and claims, investigating externally where appropriate and consider at an early stage the merits and value of claims.
- Negotiate settlement of claims within the delegated authority. Working efficiently, commercially and equitably in line with delegated authority.
- Understand the internal SLA's and KPI's of the team and ensure adherence to these standards.
- Understand Insurer requirements and comply with Insurer SLA's and KPI's.
- Responsible for the proactive management of a caseload to avoid unnecessary litigation and ensure effective resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the completeness, accuracy, quality and integrity of data on the electronic case management system for their caseload.
- Supporting monthly and ad hoc reporting to Insurer clients.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, contributing to being the function of a market-leading claim.
- Ensure a consistent approach to client claims and implementing Insurers' reserving policies, so that claims are dealt with fairly and costs are properly controlled, supported by the use of the most appropriate approved external suppliers.
- Law degree or working towards ACII, CILEx or equivalent legal qualification.
alternatively, significant experience in claims with technical knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, and an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service
- Customer focussed and target driven
- Comprehensive understanding of the relevant legislative and legal framework
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high-quality work even when under tight timescales
- Organized and efficient, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ideally previous experience of working with a case management system.