My client, a large international law firm, is looking for a Claims Operations Manager at their Bristol office. The Claims Operation Manager will manage all functions of the team and the continued progression and development of the department, oversee all related projects and drive the recruitment process of what is a rapidly growing department.
Key responsibilities will include;.
- Working with the Head of Claims Handling and the Senior Claims Handlers to manage all operational aspects of the department.
- Monitoring the compliance of contractual SLAs to achieve the highest possible standards of performance.
- With the Head of Claims Handling, setting SMART targets for the individuals, teams and departments. Monitoring compliance with these objectives to achieve the highest possible standards of performance.
- Capacity planning to ensure that team members are effectively utilised. This will include ensuring that Claims Handlers have appropriate caseloads for their experience. Where necessary, involved in recruitment, talent management and remuneration.
- Analyse and report on KPIs in order to spot trends and develop action plans, to address issues identified in conjunction with the Head of Claims Handling.
- Line management of the Administration Team Leader and supporting the line management of the Senior Claims Handler population to build a collaborative unit able to drive high team performance.
- Provide regular and formal feedback to line managers on performance and behaviours to be discussed with individuals in Quarterly Conversations.
- Devising and delivering an effective communication strategy.
- Significant experience of managing a large operations team with leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience of building teams and developing managers.
- A good working knowledge of business outsourcing or business process operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and adapt plans, accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when meeting tight timescales.
- Organised and efficient, able to co-ordinate others to deliver on specific tasks and projects.
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding performance management situations.
- Strong analytical approach and able to interpret data in a coherent way.
- Sound understanding of the importance of compliance.
- Experience of working in a project management environment.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislative and legal frameworks.
The successful Claims Operations Manager should have relevant previous experience and be passionate about the client experience of insurers, brokers and insureds. You should understand how to create and maintain a supportive culture within the department, ensuring a motivated and positive team of mixed experience.
Salary - Competitive
If you feel you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.