Ryder Reid are partnering with a dynamic and progressing global law firm to recruit a Client Development Manager for their highly successful Technology and Life Sciences business units. In this role, you will help shape the strategic positioning of the team, which includes:
- Work with the lawyers, US-based Client Development teams and BU leaders to develop and execute cross-BU and cross-geography client development initiatives and strategy, including priority client targeting.
- Support lawyers on relationship and brand building, including personal client development plans and content marketing strategies. Focus lawyers on practical, effective deliverables.
- Set standards, supervise and actively participate in development of customised responses to pitches and RFPs/RFIs and other marketing collateral for new business opportunities and client meetings; work with the Pricing and Project Management team, when required, in developing alternative fee proposals and other value adds.
- Work with the London Events Lead to research and plan a programme of opportunities.
- Proactively provide tracking and analysis on client development efforts - both for individuals and on a regional level.
- Lead on the development and execution of marketing and thought leadership campaigns. Review campaign data for client development opportunities.
- Work with broader UK team to develop client development efforts.
- Identify, track and record deal closes within the team and assist US-based submissions manager in submitting data for all related league tables and deal listings; review and analysis of published results for practice leaders. Help develop relevant client/prospect communications based on results and work with Communications group to identify league table rankings that merit external communications support.
- Work with the Communications team and an external PR agency to ensure deal closes, thought leadership and awards recognition are properly marketed externally via the website, social media and industry and legal press.
- Create targeted, strategic submissions for practice-related and lawyer rankings, surveys and awards, including Chambers and Legal 500 and other industry-specific/geographic/lawyer demographic awards programs.
- Contribute to the successful integration of new lateral partners and lawyers.
- Track market activity on a daily basis to identify deal opportunities and utilise firm network to facilitate introductions between the firm and targets.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a client development or marketing role with 1 to 3 years of management level experience, ideally in a law firm or other professional services firm. Additional experience working with technology and/or life science practices and /or businesses preferred. You must be detail-oriented, organised, self-directed and able to manage multiple projects and drive them through to conclusion in a matrixed, fast-paced environment. You will be a consensus builder who has the ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects in a collaborative manner, managing competing deadlines and delivering exemplary customer service.