Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Client Development Team to help support the implementation and execution of the client targeting programme for the London Private Equity, Asset Management, Tax, Real Estate and Life Sciences Teams
- Managing and supporting the preparation of London and cross-border pitches, proposals and capability statements; updating the London pitch log and ensuring that the proposal team in Boston updates the firm's pitch log, maintaining the relevant practices deal data and submitting to relevant league tables. In addition, this role will be the key support for all directories submissions for the practices covered.
- Working on new product launches and group specific campaigns and programmes
- Work with the Events team on practice-related events
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, up to date records of relevant matters and case studies and ensuring they are updated across the board from pitch docs to tombstones to the relevant fee earners profiles both online and offline and in the firm CRM system
- Supporting the directory and awards processes including any relevant league tables
- Creating and updating collateral material including presentations, brochures and capability statements
- Managing and maintaining client, business and practice development relevant London office information on the InfoNet and Internet sites
- Supporting the CDM to deliver improved and enhanced thought leadership, brand, messaging and media profile for the relevant practices. The Specialist will be expected to take a lead on relevant specific projects in this area
- Supporting the CDM in their matter feedback interviews by identifying and preparing data and intelligence for the relevant matter
- Conducting in-depth research on key contacts and client institutions using our suite of cutting edge business development systems, tools and resources
- Tracking and managing client and business development activity and maintaining the London office matter experience list using tailored SharePoint platforms
- Working with the firm wide client programme team to create and support best practice in relation to client teaming/key client management
- Working with the US proposal team, Practice Development Managers and US Business Development team as appropriate to update London lawyer biographies, coordinate global campaigns, pitches and cross-selling opportunities with a London element
- Contributing to the production and dissemination the weekly London business development activities newsletter
- Working with the CDM to assess the value, relevance and cost/benefits of profile raising opportunities (including sponsorships, conference attendance and speaking slots) to ensure maximum benefit is realised from each such opportunity
- University graduate with a strong academic record and a minimum of three years (or the equivalent) business, client or practice development experience in a professional services firm, useful but not necessarily with a law firm.
- Relevant marketing qualification Chartered Institute of Marketing or similar is desirable.
- Excellent project management, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to research, compile, review and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information which is varied in content and format.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
- Ability to use effectively technology, databases, presentation, and spreadsheet software. Detailed knowledge of SharePoint platform, Excel and InterAction desirable.