Brilliant opportunity for a strategic, results-orientated Client Relations Manager to join the London office of a highly successful US law firm. The Client Relations Manager will work with lawyers to manage and expand key client relationships throughout Europe. This is an opportunity to be part of a uniquely collaborative culture, working with a dynamic team within a global Marketing & Business Development function.
Key responsibilities for the Client Relations Manager will include:
- Training and coaching relationship managers (RMs) in EMEA to meet established benchmarks and implement industry best practices for key account management.
- Developing and executing annual client plans in EMEA.
- Facilitate regular meetings between RMs and key EMEA-based clients.
- Identify opportunities with individual clients and connect appropriate firm lawyers to pursue these opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Marketing & BD team members to assure coordinated approaches to RM clients in EMEA with key firm initiatives.
- Analyse industry, client, and legal data to proactively identify potential client needs.
- Work with the Director of Business Development - EMEA, as well as key attorney stakeholders, to coordinate efforts around new business generation with existing and new clients supporting the EMEA business strategy and related targeting initiatives across industry sectors.
- Prepare client pitch materials, including responses to RFPs, and conduct preparatory sessions with attorneys prior to client meetings. Track win/loss record.
- Leverage firm's Market Research team to analyse market opportunities and to assist attorneys/groups in preparation for client meetings.
- Conduct client interviews to obtain feedback on work, relationship with key organizations, and ways we can continue to improve our client service. Maintain and track client feedback interviews and assist with follow-up.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field. An MBA would be a plus. Strong experience in professional services business development and marketing is essential, with previous law firm experience being highly desirable. Previous experience of a client feedback program is desirable. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills are essential, and you must have demonstrated leadership and proactivity. You will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, high energy and creativity. Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are required. Familiarity with InterAction or other CRM systems and knowledge management tools are a plus.