Our client, a progressive and innovative international law firm, is looking to recruit a Client Services Lead (Head of). The Client Services team are seen as central to the execution of the firm's ambition to the recognised as a market-leader for the delivery of outstanding client service. This role offers senior management responsibility and the opportunity to play a key part in the evolution of existing services and introduction of new services.
This role will be of interest to lawyers looking to pursue a new career path away from fee earning whilst remaining within the legal sector; and/or business and client development professionals looking to focus on the client experience and service delivery aspects of client relationship management and support.
Key responsibilities for the Client Services Lead will include:
- Operational management responsibility for the Client Services team (currently eight strong) business as usual functions.
- Designing the evolution and implementation of, and running, the firm's programme covering client relationship listening and service delivery feedback.
- Lead the use of client experience mapping techniques within the firm to identify key touch points and areas for improvement/innovation.
- Designing, leading implementation of, and then running, the firm's Client Service Insight and Learning track including delivering learning to legal teams and business services teams where relevant.
- Alongside the Director of Client Services and Head of Business Development, define and implement an operational Client Relationship support framework to assist Client Relationship Partners
- Provide input, insight and support in the design and development of the quality assurance services offered to the business by the Client Services team.
- Proactively act as an ambassador for the firm in client events and meetings.
- Represent the Client Services team at board level in the absence of the Director of Client Services.
The successful candidate will have solid experience of client service delivery gained at a senior level within a major professional services firm - preferably within the legal sector. You will have a strong track record as a frontline lawyer/fee earner; and/or as a member of a business or client development team with direct client contact. Proven experience in team management, developing and motivating others and working across teams is important. You must have a passion for delivering stellar client service and have the ability to always see things from the client perspective. You will be professional, credible, impactful and ambitious, with well-honed project management skills and the ability to interact with, and influence, individuals at all levels.