Ryder Reid Legal is working closely with a top 100 commercial law firm, to recruit a Clinical Negligence Paralegal to join either its Bristol, Leeds or Birmingham office on a permanent basis.
The team offers advice and assistance to health and social care organisations across a broad range of issues including clinical negligence and human rights claims, inquests, Court of Protection and public law matters The firm is one of ten firms that act for NHS Resolution, putting them at the heart of claims and complaints brought against the NHS. Their clinical negligence team is highly regarded for its work acting on behalf of NHSR, NHS Trusts and primary care organisations in the defence of clinical negligence cases. In addition, they undertake healthcare and clinical negligence work for a range of private insurers.
The role will involve providing efficient and pro-active paralegal support to a team of busy lawyers. Duties will include the following:
- Taking responsibility for the day to day running of pre-action claims against primary care practitioners and Trusts, under supervision;
- Proactively managing deadlines to ensure compliance.
- Preparing letters of instruction to experts and analysing expert evidence;
- Drafting letters of advice to clients and Letters of Response;
- Assisting senior team members with litigated clinical negligence cases;
- Conducting legal research;
- Support in managing documents, service and court bundles;
- Organising, collating and summarising mass disclosure (including medical records);
- Attending hearings and meetings to take notes;
- Undertaking an important client-relationship support role including direct contact with clients.
Successful candidates will be highly organised, with good attention to detail and previous legal experience. Previous defendant clinical negligence experience is desirable but not essential