We are recruiting for a Senior Associate to join the Commercial & Technology Transactions Team within an established international law firm.
We have a truly global, market leading practice group that provides an integrated, strategic solution for technology and commercial transactions, data privacy and security and have unrivalled expertise in the related areas of public policy and government affairs in the US. The main role of the Senior Associate will be to advise on strategic technology, outsourcing and commercial transactions, often cross-border in nature.
This role will involve drafting, negotiating and often managing:
- a wide variety of technology transactions including Software as a Service (SaaS) arrangements; Infrastructure as Services (IaaS) and other cloud and platform as a service arrangements; Artificial Intelligence (AI) licensing, development and support arrangements; Internet and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) licensing, systems integration and support arrangements; software licence, development and support arrangements
- a wide range of IT, business process, property management, FM and business services outsourcing agreements
- complex and/or strategic commercial (often cross-border) contracts
Technology and Commercial Transactions Team in London, the Technology, Commercial and Government Affairs Group globally that includes the US, Germany and Russia.
Experience and knowledge:
- Ideally 5+PQE
- Candidates should have specific prior experience with technology and data transactions, including both drafting and negotiating agreements, as well as advising clients in these areas.
- Good exposure to complex outsourcing transactions
- Experience of advising blue chip clients
- Financial services sector experience, EBA and, if relevant, payments services and equivalent exposure important
- Strong technical legal experience
- Commitment to delivering work of a high quality with a close attention to detail
- Working on large transactions - either managing them or as part of a team
- Managing and developing close and effective relationships with your clients
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to understand the client and the market and regulatory regime in which their business operates
- Ability to work autonomously, including an ability and appetite to lead transactions without continual close partner supervision
- Ability to identify the commercial impact of legal and regulatory issues and explain them for the non-legal client
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills with ability to remain flexible at all times
- Good relationship builder and stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate effectively at a senior level both internally and externally