This is a great opportunity for an exceptional communications professional with experience in corporate communications in the legal sector or other professional services industry to join the London-based communications team of a global law firm.
The firm has an inclusive culture that allows you to be yourself and balance your work and home commitments. You will gain access to high-end technology, agile processes and the trust to deliver your best work in a flexible way, dividing your time between office-based (3 days) and remote working (2 days).
This role offers the successful candidate the substantial responsibility, supporting the Senior PR Manager and working closely with the PR executives in the day-to-day management of press office activity; directly managing and implementing the PR strategy for one or more of the priority sector and practice accounts and potentially one or more of our international hubs. Deputising for the Senior PR Manager where necessary, including fielding inbound queries from national and legal media.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Senior PR Manager and Internal Communications Manager to plan and manage cyclical business announcements such as annual new partner promotions and financial results.
- Acting as an advisor to senior stakeholders and developing and executing communications strategies for a broad range of strategic priorities and developments, such as lateral partner hires, new office openings, people strategy updates, responsible business strategy (including environmental sustainability), and new digital products and innovations.
- Monitoring our client targeting programmes, BD activity and other core activities to capture strategic success stories (such as stand-out client matters, new client wins, significant client relationship developments; individual and team achievements; operational developments, etc) and produce content in a variety of formats to promote these stories across external channels and feed into the internal news desk.
- Co-ordinating and managing submissions for all target awards and league tables. Devising proposals and engaging stakeholders to ensure high-quality content and timely submission. This will include producing first drafts of all key submissions and liaising with subject matter experts to edit and finalise the content. You will also manage any required follow up including coordinating attendance at awards events and publicising positive outcomes.
- Managing the communications requirements and opportunities associated with our strategic partnerships and sponsorships.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and best practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancing the firm's approach to communications.
- Experience in corporate communications, including roles in professional services, legal or related industries.
- Proven track record of planning strategic communications exercises and successfully executing PR campaigns and tactics, securing media coverage, and managing media relations.
- Knowledge the legal market and issues affecting law firms.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to craft compelling content for different audiences and platforms.
- Ability to handle commercially sensitive issues with discretion and tact.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, capable of handling multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Previous exposure to and knowledge of the Technology, Media and Communications, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Real Estate and Private Wealth sectors is a plus.
- A qualification in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field is a plus.
This opportunity must not be missed by anyone who is ambitious and wants to expand their knowledge, grow their career in a leadership role and gain experience working with some of the best people in the business. If this is you then please get in touch with us today.