Our global law firm client is seeking a Communications Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The Communications Manager will be responsible for further increasing the firm's visibility in the UK and driving forward strategic internal communications initiatives spanning London and Europe. The Communications Manager will ensure client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Participates in the firm's public relations strategic development and planning with a focus on the UK.
- Responsible for obtaining placements in appropriate UK and European media outlets, based on strategic plans and reactive opportunities, that will raise visibility of the firm and its practice areas and partners in the media.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with appropriate press contacts at relevant business, technology, trade and legal publications.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the firm's profile in the tech sector.
- Develops effective relationships with managing partners and partners, earning their trust and respect.
- Prepares partners for media interviews and actively participates in meetings with key journalists.
- Writes communications materials such as press releases, media pitches, byline article abstracts, pre-briefing documents, social media posts, etc.
- Interfaces with Business Development colleagues and partners to identify industry trends, information on matters and newsworthy client work that we can promote externally and internally.
- Analyses and reports back on results of PR plans and campaigns, using the information to determine appropriate strategic adjustments.
- Works collaboratively with the global PR team to help maximise opportunities and ensure consistency of messaging.
- Manages relationships with external vendors/agencies as required.
- Drives London office internal communications programme forward.
- Drafts and manages regular internal communications such as the London office newsletter.
- Supports the Europe Managing Partner with key internal communications initiatives, including Europe-wide town halls.
- Supports strategy around crisis communications where needed.
- Supports UK profile-raising efforts through social media, leveraging existing global channels.
- Supports social media training efforts for London-based lawyers.
- Prepares UK and select Europe-wide award submissions, working closely with the Global Awards & Rankings Manager, London Business Development team and other internal stakeholders as required.
- Coordinates content for external legal surveys; analyses and communicates results internally.
Client Service, Confidentiality and Safety:
- Consistently promotes and models the firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product and personal interactions.
- Ensures compliance with the firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
- Adheres to the firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
The ideal candidate for the Communications Manager role will be degree educated in a relevant subject. You must have broad-based public relations and communications experience, preferably with a law firm or global professional services firm. You will have superior written and verbal communication skills, a strong image and a boardroom presence that engenders confidence from management, partners and staff of the firm. A proven track record in developing relationships with global business and legal/energy trade media, and proven management skills, are required.