Newly-created role in an international law firm which is consistently ranked as a leader in its field. Our client is seeking a Communications Manager located in London who will report into the Global Director of Communications and Corporate Affairs. The Communications Manager will work across functions to provide strategic leadership and guidance in developing consistent communications and messages to support the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees an integrated communications and media relations strategy seeking high-level placements in a variety of media outlets that help protect, build and enhance the firm's brand and reputation. The successful candidate will develop a thorough understanding of the firm's practice areas, clients and communications needs.
- Manages and develops media relationships, maintains media contact lists, including editors and reporters. Fields inquiries from outside media and coordinates with firm attorneys on responses and interviews.
- Proactively researches, identifies and secures media opportunities for attorneys and practice groups. Researches and drafts attorney talking points for media interviews and participates in attorney media training as needed.
- Increases thought leadership capabilities and presence in the media by partnering with attorneys and business development team to pitch and prepare new and thought-provoking articles and bylines relative to the firm's practices and clients.
- Works with business development to prepare, draft, edit and otherwise participate in awards and directory submissions for the firm, practices and attorneys, as needed.
- Writes, prepares and places firm announcements, press releases, and other external marketing and advertising copy, as needed.
- Assists with firmwide crisis communications and internal executive communications.
- Serves as a liaison and provides oversight to firm's outside public relations agency.
The ideal candidate for the Communications Manager role will be degree educated in a relevant subject. You must have broad-based public relations and communications experience, preferably with a global professional services firm, and/or prior work as a journalist for business/legal trade publications. You will have superior written and verbal communication skills, a strong image and a boardroom presence that engenders confidence from management, partners and staff of the firm. A proven track record in developing relationships with global business and legal/energy trade media, and proven management skills, are required.