An exciting new opportunity for a Communications Professional has arisen in the London office of a dynamic US law firm. This role would be well suited to a Communications Executive looking for a step up in their career. The primary function of this role is to increase the firm's visibility by securing strategic media coverage. This position will work together with the firm's Communications Team to handle day-to-day PR activities, including developing successful PR campaigns, responding to press enquiries, drafting award and directory submissions and press releases. This position will focus on the UK but will also have responsibility for the firm's international offices in Europe, Middle East and Asia, as well as support to the team in the U.S.
As the Communications Specialist/Manager you will be required to support the team by means of:
- Creating and implementing effective PR campaigns for individual lawyers and practice groups that support business development goals.
- Identifying appropriate third-party commentary topics and industry trends in order to proactively reach out to reporters to secure interview opportunities and media coverage and place attorney-written articles.
- Drafting firm announcements.
- Staying current with industry trends in the legal and communications/media sectors.
- Assisting with the building and daily maintenance of press office systems and processes.
Working within the busy Communications Team this role reports to the Chief Communications Officer. The ideal candidate will be degree educated with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. They must have a strong work ethic and be customer service focused. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this role or would like to see the comprehensive job spec, then please get in touch today for immediate consideration.