Ryder Reid is delighted to be working with a leading international law firm to recruit a Compliance Analyst for London. Their London office has been established for over 20 years and it prides itself its commitment to recruiting and retaining exceptional talent of all levels,
Key duties and responsibilities for the Compliance Analyst will include:
Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's anti-money laundering/terrorist financing policies and procedures.
- Complete client and matter checks including assessing any existing information, investigating company ownership and carrying out risk assessments, liaising with partners, fee earners and the MLRO where necessary.
- Carry out appropriate checks on suppliers or third parties as required
- Manage documentation obtained and keep database up-to-date.
- Proactively monitor status of anti-money laundering checks and ensure all checks are completed in good time, liaising closely with the Accounts team.
- Identify and monitor any high risk clients or matters, creating and assessing alerts when required.
- Identify potential sanctions issues.
- Keep abreast of changes to anti-money laundering regulations, relevant guidance and market practice and update team procedures.
Conflicts and Compliance
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all of the firm's various compliance related policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's conflicts policy.
- Assist the team with conflict check clearances for new matters and lateral hires and liaise with the Conflicts Team in New York in relation to screening processes.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of insider lists and anti-bribery and corruption procedures including the gifts and hospitality register.
- Assist with the drafting of engagement letters and updating register of client engagement terms.
General / Administration
- Assist with management of team inbox and workflow and respond to queries from fee earners, secretaries and business support teams.
- General day-to-day support to the team, including assisting the Compliance Director and Compliance Lawyers.
- Work with IT department to maintain existing compliance systems and develop improvements.
- Assist with maintaining the internal Compliance portal page.
- Assist with the execution of projects across the team.
The ideal candidate for the Compliance Analyst role will have experience of working within a compliance, conflicts or risk team, preferably within a law firm. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills, strong attention to detail and be an enthusiastic team player
with a positive and proactive approach. You will have experience of working with people of all levels of seniority and be keen to learn and adaptable to new systems and procedures. Knowledge of the SRA rule and AML legislation is highly desirable.