Our client, a specialist boutique US-headquartered law firm, is looking for a part time Compliance Manager to join their London office to work 3 days a week. In this newly created role, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for providing a comprehensive compliance service to the firm. Working closely with the COLP, COFA, MLRO and other partners, the Compliance Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Being the first point of contact for all compliance/regulatory queries
- Advising the firm as to the relevant regulatory requirements regarding conflicts, confidentiality and disclosure
- Liaising with the SRA/Law Society Ethics Team on regulatory issues as required
- AML - monitor new procedures, guidance and best practice.
- Monitor compliance - breaches, complaints and audits
- Maintenance and completion of Breaches Register
- Leading the annual Practising Certificate renewal process
The ideal candidate will have strong previous Compliance experience from a law firm and will ideally be a qualified lawyer. You will be happy to work autonomously and have the ability to build effective relationships across the firm. You must have a good understanding of the SRA handbook, and experience of leading on SRA and other compliance audits. Strong communication skills are a must, along with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and use your initiative. This is a great opportunity for someone to work part time within a respected practice, so if you meet the above requirements then please contact Ryder Reid today.