Our global law firm client is seeking a Conflicts Advisor to join their dynamic team in London. The firm is looking for a detail-oriented professional to clear conflicts and generally assist with the overall conflicts and intake process. The role will sit within the firm's European Business Acceptance team but will provide conflicts support globally with conflicts analysis, escalations and reporting. The role is principally focused on conflicts of interest. The role will require knowledge of applicable professional conflicts rules and a good understanding of the client base and nature of work and transactions undertaken by the firm.
Key duties will include:
- Be the first port of call for any conflict queries from the business
- Provide valuable and reliable conflict advice and support to partners, building and maintaining a good working relationship
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and deliver training for team members and legal teams.
- Assist with drafting, updating and maintaining conflicts-related documentation, including manuals, policies, procedures and templates, as well as other internal communications.
- Provide support to the business as the first point of escalation in the conflict checking process.
- Review and analyse conflict reports, determining any actual or potential, legal or commercial conflicts of interest.
- Draft recommendation reports for the Conflicts Committee with details of the conflict or potential conflict, and a recommended course of action.
- Assist with the drafting of conflicts and confidentiality waivers.
- Assist with local, regional and global conflicts projects as required.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the purpose of the role, including the performance of duties outside working hours when required and work in a flexible manner.
The ideal candidate will have prior conflicts and/or compliance experience within a law firm. You must be an enthusiastic self-starter with highly effective communication skills and a strong client service ethic. The ability to build strong and effective relationships across the business is essential, as is excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.