Our global law firm client who are consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Conflicts Analyst to join our dynamic teams in London or Manchester. As a Conflicts Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing, interpreting, and acting upon conflicts reports regarding incoming attorneys and new client business.
Key duties will include:
- Communicating with attorneys responsible for matters that present a potential conflict; evaluating information obtained from attorneys; and assisting with the resolution of all conflicts issues working with senior team members as necessary to address issues that arise during the attorney hiring and new business processes.
- Validating the requirements for the conflicts check is accurate from the information provided by the Conflicts Assistant through the conflicts system - Intapp Open; ensuring all necessary parties are listed and information relayed accurate and correctly.
- For lateral attorney candidates, communicating with the candidate regarding the Firm's need for complete and accurate client and related parties' information and in distinguishing portable and non-portable business.
- Administering the conflicts review for all lateral attorney candidates, which includes assisting the candidate with completion of the conflicts questionnaire, providing oversight to Conflicts staff generating the lateral candidate conflicts report, analysing the report and summarizing its content, working with Ethics Committee and other attorneys sponsoring the lateral candidate, and resolving potential conflicts with attorneys representing current clients.
- Analysing Conflicts reports to determine those matters that require additional review, communicating follow-up questions to attorneys, or suggesting Ethics Committee action.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of two years (2) of relevant experience in a law firm or other professional services firm is desired
- Experience with Intapp Open software is preferred
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills whilst displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. You must be able to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them, well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively interface with attorneys, management, support staff and outside contacts, as well as organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.