Our global law firm client has an exciting new opportunity for a Conflicts Analyst to join their London office. As the successful Conflicts Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing, interpreting, and acting upon conflicts reports regarding incoming attorneys and new client business.
Key duties will include:
- Communicating with attorneys responsible for matters that present a potential conflict; evaluating information obtained from attorneys; and assisting with the resolution of all conflict's issues working with senior team members as necessary to address issues that arise during the attorney hiring and new business processes.
- Validating the requirements for the conflicts check is accurate from the information provided by the Conflicts Assistant through the conflicts system - Intapp Open; ensuring all necessary parties are listed and information relayed accurate and correctly.
- For lateral attorney candidates, communicating with the candidate regarding the Firm's need for complete and accurate client and related parties' information and in distinguishing portable and non-portable business.
- Administering the conflicts review for all lateral attorney candidates, which includes assisting the candidate with completion of the conflict's questionnaire, providing oversight to Conflicts staff generating the lateral candidate conflicts report, analysing the report and summarizing its content, working with Ethics Committee and other attorneys sponsoring the lateral candidate, and resolving potential conflicts with attorneys representing current clients.
- Analysing Conflicts reports to determine those matters that require additional review, communicating follow-up questions to attorneys, or suggesting Ethics Committee action.
The ideal candidate will have prior conflicts and/or new business department experience in a law firm or professional services environment. You must be an enthusiastic self-starter with highly effective communication skills and a strong client service ethic. The ability to build strong and effective relationships across the business is essential, as is excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of IntApp is a plus.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.