Our US law firm client has an exciting new opportunity for a Conflicts and Compliance Analyst to join their London office. The Conflicts and Compliance Analyst will be responsible for carrying out business conflict research and analysis, liaising with the US Conflicts Manager, Partners, Global Managing Partner and the Global BD Committee on conflict issues and maintaining of the conflicts database. The analyst will also assist the finance team in new client intake, with responsibility for review of AML documents, carrying out AML checks on electronic databases and liaising with partners/case teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of the firm's conflicts policies and procedures.
- Conduct of conflict searches, research and analysis and evaluation of results.
- Identification and research of potential conflicts issues.
- Liaising with partners, US Conflicts Manager, Global Managing Partner and London and Global BD Committees to resolve conflicts issues and communication to fee earners of results.
- Preparation and communication of internal information barriers.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of anti-money laundering requirements in the litigation context and assisting in implementing and developing the firm's procedures.
- Completion of new client checks including review of identification documents, carrying out online searches, investigating ownership structures, documenting results and liaising with partners/case teams.
- Management of client verification documents and records.
- Assistance in internal AML training programme and queries from case teams.
- Assistance in maintaining of, and updates to engagement letter templates, conflicts and file opening and closing forms.
- Maintaining and developing compliance registers.
- Assistance in other compliance and risk management tasks where time permits/as requested by the London Operating Committee.
- Participates in Global Operations Team meetings.
The ideal candidate will have prior conflicts, compliance and/or AML experience within a law firm. You must be an enthusiastic self-starter with highly effective communication skills and a strong client service ethic. The ability to build strong and effective relationships across the business is essential, as is excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.