An exciting new role as Conflicts Attorney is open within the London office of an innovative and highly regarded international law firm with over 10 offices worldwide. The Conflicts Attorney will be responsible for the analysis of complex conflict searches relating to existing and potential clients, to pre-empt any possible conflict and business issues.
Key responsibilities for the Conflicts Attorney will include:
- Lead in the review and processing of new clients and complex new matter requests and utilize appropriate internal and external databases when approaching conflicts analysis.
- Use CapitalIQ and Dun & Bradstreet to execute corporate research.
- Provide Firm lawyers with conflicts summaries and communicate with Firm lawyers to identify potential conflicts.
- Work closely with Firm lawyers, Assistant General Counsel and Senior Conflicts Attorneys to tackle conflict resolution.
- Emphasise the need to establish and maintain ethical walls as part of conflicts clearing process to screen Firm lawyers from particular clients.
- Review and approve new client and new matter forms.
- Perform new client due diligence using Accuity and Internet research.
- Must act as a resource for members of the department through educating and training.
The successful candidate for the role of Conflicts Attorney will have previous experience within a law firm environment. You must have strong organisation skills and have ability to manage multiple projects. Furthermore, you must have excellent oral and written communication skills as you will be interacting with all levels of personnel within the firm. If you have the relevant skills for this role, please contact us at Ryder Reid Legal.