An exciting new role as Conflicts Attorney is open within the London office of an innovative and highly regarded international law firm. The Conflicts Attorney will be responsible for the analysis of complex conflict searches relating to existing and potential clients, to pre-empt any possible conflict and business issues.
Key responsibilities for the Conflicts Attorney will include:
- Create and analyse complex conflict reports and exercise independent judgment to identify potential conflict of interest issues with legal hires, new business and marketing initiatives. Conduct research to gather information and/or clarification on potential issues. Take the initiative to analyse and resolve conflicts independently
- Prepare communications to attorneys, clearly identifying all potential issues found in conflict report and assist attorneys in resolving conflict issues
- Provide guidance to Conflicts staff relative to conflict research and analysis and corporate family tree research with the goal of ensuring accuracy and consistency in preparation and analysis of conflict reports. Assist in development and implementation of training programs for Conflict Analysts and Specialists
- Assist attorneys and secretaries in understanding the firm's conflicts and business intake policies and procedures
- Assist attorneys to draft engagement and waiver letters
- Research appropriate jurisdictional conflict and/or ethical rules and/or opinions to assist in determining specific conflict resolution strategies
- Request and maintain all necessary supporting documentation to clear actual or potential conflict issues
- Assist in the customisation and implementation of new software for conflicts, business intake and ethical walls
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments and new technologies impacting the conflicts group
- Participate in providing coverage for conflict checking and analysis via on-call rotation on scheduled weekends
- Partner with Conflicts Director and Manager to write performance evaluations for the Conflicts Analysts and Specialists
The successful candidate for the role of Conflicts Attorney will have previous experience within a law firm environment. You must have strong organisation skills and have ability to manage multiple projects. Furthermore, you must have excellent oral and written communication skills as you will be interacting with all levels of personnel within the firm. If you have the relevant skills for this role, please contact us at Ryder Reid Legal.