Our US law firm client is looking to recruit a new Conflicts Lawyer to join their London office. The Conflicts Lawyer will work closely with the General Counsel's office and Professional Responsibility Committee. You will analyse results from searches of the firm's conflicts database and outside sources to identify potential or actual conflicts posed by new work or new hires.
Key responsibilities for the Conflicts Lawyer will include:
- Consulting and advising attorneys regarding conflicts clearance
- Drafting conflicts waivers or taking other steps to cure conflicts
- Providing instruction and supervising the work of junior conflicts staff
- Documenting or auditing steps taken to clear any conflicts
- Works with ethical walls and screens managed within Intapp Walls tool
- Maintaing the conflicts database with appropriate information about firm clients and matters, client subsidiaries and affiliates, related parties, etc.
- Assisting London team members with overflow anti-money laundering compliance activities as needed
The ideal candidate for the Conflicts Lawyer role will either be a qualified lawyer, or have a Law degree and extensive Conflicts experience. Familiarity with the Model and D.C. Rules of Professional Conduct or analogous rules in other jurisdictions is preferred. Familiarity with anti-money laundering compliance regimes is also preferred. You must have excellent legal or business research ability using various online databases and print resources. Strong analytical skills, relationship building and communications skills are required. It is important that you are able to distil a quantity of complex data into a manageable, logical explanation of the legal issue and recommended steps to be taken. You must have excellent judgment, including knowing when to escalate an issue. You will be familiar with Intapp OPEN or other automated conflict of interest clearance workflow procedures and systems.