Newly-created role based in this global law firm's London office, the Conflicts Manager will be part of the firm's Professional Responsibility and Risk Management team and be responsible for assisting and leading on a wide range of conflicts of interest issues and related matters. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsels in New York & London, this role will involve the following:
- Managing the day-to-day conflicts and related work of four Risk Analysts who are based across the firm's international offices
- Assisting with conflict resolution for the firm as required
- Leading on a project to streamline the firm's conflict checking process, involving working with PRRM team members and other members of the firm's business services departments, such as the IT department, on design and implementation
- Assisting with the implementation of solutions to resolve conflicts, including drafting waiver letters and information barrier notices
- Communicating with partners and staff regarding conflict check analysis and process
- Undertaking ad hoc risk and compliance tasks to support the PRRM team
The ideal candidate for the Conflicts Manager position will have strong previous experience of working on conflicts of interest matters at an international law firm. A Law degree is preferred, and you will have an excellent understanding of both US and UK law firm conflict rules. You will have experience of designing conflicts of interest processes and procedures, possess a keen eye for detail, have a strong academic background and have the ability to communicate effectively with members of staff at all levels across the business. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.