Our global law firm client is seeking a Conflicts and Risk Analyst to join their dynamic team in London. They are looking for a detail-oriented professional to clear conflicts and generally assist with the overall conflicts and intake process. The position will report to the Manager, Conflicts & Intake.
Key duties will include:
- Research, identify, and resolve conflicts of interest for new clients and matters;
- Work with Conflicts Attorneys in resolving complex conflict issues, escalate as necessary and work with firm attorneys in understanding details of client and matter engagements;
- Liaise with firm attorneys and Legal Executive Assistants to understand conflicts needs and provide excellent customer service;
- Lead and assist with large and complex searches that require supervision of multiple and large data sets, working with team mates on sometimes tight deadlines;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and pivot between requests, staying highly organized and responsive to time-sensitive emails;
- Assist in conflict searching for marketing purposes or other requests as assigned;
- Search, analyse, and understand client engagement terms, providing analyses where needed;
- Assist in due diligence reviews for financial and compliance purposes;
- Perform client and matter maintenance, work with team mates to update database regularly and ensure database integrity;
- Conduct searches related to sanctions on a rolling basis and provide pertinent information to other firm departments;
- Maintain and erect ethical screens upon request related to confidentiality and immediate conflicts; and
- Other related tasks as so required.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) required.
- Legal conflicts experience in a high-volume environment, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of both UK and US ethical rules of professional conduct as they relate to conflicts of interest.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, familiarity with web-based research for conflict checking purposes (InTapp and Aderant).
- Knowledge of legal search databases and accurate typing skills.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills whilst displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. You must be able to perceive and analyse problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them, well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively interface with attorneys, management, support staff and outside contacts, as well as organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.