Our client is looking for an efficient and helpful Credit Control Administrator in Sheffield!
About the role
A central finance resource supporting the Credit Control team in dealing with daily administrative activities. Liaising with other finance teams to ensure the timely payment of client invoices.
The employee is responsible for the completion of the principal responsibilities listed below.
You will consistently deliver high quality services on time, with a focus on responsiveness, organisation, efficiency and helpfulness.
Assist in identifying and implementing ways to develop and deliver improvements to the service provided.
Core Position Expectations
* Provide administrative support and action requests on an ad-hoc basis supporting the Credit Control team daily.
* Update internal systems for Credit Controllers when chasing multiple invoices.
* Respond to internal and external emails from Clients, Partners and other stakeholders.
* Distribute various reports to relevant internal departments.
* Check and respond to emails from group inboxes.
* Complete relevant forms e.g. vendor forms, client statements, audits, credit notes, rejected invoices, etc
* Contribute to process improvements to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
* Action Unallocated and Suspense accounts by assigning them to the credit controller in a timely manner following the SRA guidelines.
* Send out bank statements to the team daily.
* Be the first point of contact with the Cashier's department to deal with queries raised.
* Reconcile accounts by liaising with the clients and partners, and allocating payments to the correct account.
* Promote a culture of mutual understanding through effective communication with our clients.
Key skills & attributes:
* Works to given timeframes and anticipates likely workflows
* Consistently produces accurate work, exceptional attention to detail
* Good written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, confident, professional telephone manner
* Willing to do routine tasks
* Self-motivated, proactive and ability to prioritise and manage own workload
* Able to use initiative, but also work well within a team
* Proficient in MS Excel and Word
* Responsible for managing own development and willing to learn
* Analytical skills to resolve queries
* Shows flexibility in approach
Experience in a partnership or professional services environment with a financial background is desirable but not essential.