Our client, a leading UK based, international law firm, is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their busy Finance Department on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Working Capital Manager, the successful Credit Controller will provide front line support to the UK offices in order to assist the practice groups in managing their working capital efficiently, reducing the level of lockup and debtors and ensuring compliance with the Firm's cash collection processes and policies in order to maximise revenue.
The role involves extensive collaboration with key stakeholders across the business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake pro-active regular reviews and follow up chasing of outstanding debts on a timely basis adopting a 'call first' approach
- Identify and develop key client contacts necessary to secure recovery
- Produce debtor analysis for key clients and partners and ensure compliance with clients SLA's
- Identify any problem debts and ensure compliance with escalation policy
- Meet monthly team and individual cash collection & aging targets
- Adherence to internal credit control procedures (including use of ARCS credit control software)
- Ensure all relevant details are provided for third party collection processes and agents
- Analyse market breakdown and calculate correct proportions due by insurer
- Implementation of standard market collections strategy across insurance groups for collection of fees
- Contribute to internal review of policies and know-how for capturing market information from file inception through to recovery
The successful candidate will have experience within a law firm and would have used Aderant or Elite Enterprise/ 3e, as well as be confident using Microsoft office (Word and Excel). First class communications skills and attention to detail are a must, along with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload in order to meet deadlines. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today.