Ryder Reid are working with a market-leading provider of flexible support services to assist with the recruitment of Design and Presentation Specialist Team Leader for their leading global law firm client.
The Team Leader will be responsible for developing a Design and Presentation Service that generates creative and high quality presentations. The Team Leader's role will initially focus on the successful launch, implementation and promotion of this new creative service, working side by side with the existing Administration Support Team who provide document production and administrative services. Every decision made should consider the long-term efficiency of the design service to ensure the strongest of relationships is built with the service users. This leadership role will involve building and maintaining a productive workflow, within tight time schedules, while implementing an atmosphere that fosters personal and professional growth. The team leader will be tasked to advance the level of service provided through the design and presentation team.
The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring a first class Design and Presentation Service is provided to fee earners; this will be a new team but with huge potential to grow and the Team Leader's role will be instrumental in making that happen. The Team Leader will also act as a department 'coach' and assist in the development of the staff by helping employees look for opportunities to develop and succeed in their job. The team leader is required to motivate, advise, give feedback, be supportive and provide strategic direction.
This is a hands on role and will involve working alongside the team to deliver the overall service. Key responsibilities will include:
- PowerPoint: creation of dynamic and compelling fit for purpose internal and external visuals; amending, adding slides, creating/updating master deck, adding animation
- Design and visualisation: transforming Excel data/Word documents into dynamic presentations, diagrams or dashboards using Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign and Illustrator
- Generating data visuals/dashboards from Excel, formatting, graphs, pivot tables, conditional formatting, formatting to PDF for print
- Have a solid creative understanding and to be able to use this knowledge to assist in the delivery of artwork solutions across all media, offering options to partners and lawyers to achieve the desired results
- Understand and work within client brand guidelines and branded templates and act as brand ambassador
- Communicate progress at every stage of production to ensure the smooth running of projects and planning schedules
- Proactively build relationships with service users which will include partners, lawyers and PA; instilling confidence as well as well as promote the service and capabilities of the Presentation and Design Service to increase adoption of the service
- Manage presentation/creative workflow within the wider team ensuring more complex work is handled by the Design and Presentation team
- Manage all aspects of service and workflow, ensuring that agreed service levels are maintained and exceeded where possible, continually looking for ways in which service levels can be developed and improved
- Contribute to the document production general workload when capacity allows (eg Word, Excel and non-creative work) and administration tasks
- Directly supervise design and presentation specialists, tracking all aspects of performance and giving regular feedback through one to ones. Assist the manager in implementing the Intelligent Office performance review process
- Manage the staffing resource available to ensure that the most effective use of the team is made
The ideal person will be customer-focused, self-motivated, able to prioritise and able to deliver under pressure. You must have exceptional technical skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and research tools. You will have a strong presentation design portfolio demonstrating expert level in PowerPoint 2010 including use of multiple masters, branded colour themes, animations and actions. You will be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe and InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and have an understanding of the strengths and limitations of presentation technology including aspect ratios, projectors, sound and video equipment in order the presentation materials are fit for purpose. You must have excellent attention to detail, be an effective communicator at all levels, be a hands-on team player, and will inspire confidence and respect.