Fantastic opportunity for a Diversity & Inclusion Manager to join a hugely successful global law firm in a newly-established role.
The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will work closely with the HR team, partners and other business service managers to support the firm's commitment to diversity and inclusion. The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will focus on embedding diversity and inclusion into the firm's day-to-day operations, including training, hiring, retention, and learning & development for both the firm's lawyers and business services staff.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with partners and managers to align the firm's commitment to diversity and inclusion into all of its talent functions, including recruiting, professional development and business development.
- Implementing specific processes and plans to develop and retain lawyers of all backgrounds including BAME, LGBTQ+, Women, social mobility and other under-represented groups. This includes ensuring the firm's staffing reflects the firm's commitment to diversity and inclusion and designing and implementing networking, mentorship, sponsorship, and both formal and informal training opportunities.
- Providing and implementing equality, diversity & inclusion advice and guidance and training, covering lawyers and business services staff with reference to relevant legislation.
- Ensuring that the office has appropriate policies and procedures in place on equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Building relationships with internal stake holders and acting as a resource, mentor, advisor and diversity expert to the firm's lawyers and staff.
- Working closely with the recruitment team to manage the firm's diversity recruiting efforts by identifying and recommending current best practices in diversity recruitment to enhance the firm's ability to effectively recruit and retain a diverse pool of lawyers and business service staff.
- Ensuring the firm builds diversity networks across the office, for example; BAME, LGBTQ+ and Social Mobility. Working with the partners to assist with the running of the established Partner Women's Committee.
- Working with the London Managing Partner in advising on equality, diversity and inclusion issues and communication strategies to the office.
- Undertaking data capture and analysis in order to better understand the firm's inclusivity, any inhibitors to inclusivity and metrics to measure success; improving business processes, practices and training in response to this data, from an equality, diversity and inclusion perspective. Actively monitoring progress made on the firm's diversity goals and working with clients in respect of the sharing and presentation of data analysis.
- Working with New York and other branch offices to participate in firm wide gathering utilisation metrics, feedback from internal affinity groups plus diversity hiring and attrition statistics.
- Liaising closely with Diversity and Inclusion Director in New York to influence firm wide diversity and inclusion initiatives and to ensure that any initiatives adopted in US influence policies in London as appropriate.
- Collaborating with the firm's marketing and business development team and Diversity & Inclusion team on the communication of the firm's diversity commitment and activities on the firm's intranet, website, and other publications.
- Working with partners as required on client requests and proposals.
- Participating in industry surveys regarding diversity and inclusion including regulatory requests such as the SRA's diversity questionnaire.
- Managing diversity and inclusion budget encompassing sponsorships and other programs with regular assessment of external sponsorships and related expenditures to ascertain return on investment.
- Designing creative diversity & inclusion initiatives and events including client events.
- Organising internal events to celebrate the diversity calendar. Responsible for the diversity & inclusion budget.
- Providing training, guidance and support for lawyers and business services staff on equality, diversity and inclusion issues, across the firm.
- Developing and implementing a diversity plan consisting of short- and long-term diversity goals.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in a Diversity & Inclusion Manager role within a legal / professional services firm. You will have a track record of developing and implementing diversity & inclusion initiatives which have contributed to achieving business objectives, and the ability to build and maintain support from a range of individuals throughout the firm. You must have excellent time management and organisation skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple detailed projects. The ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders is essential, along with experience of budget management and the ability to work independently. You must have a real passion for diversity & inclusion, and act as an ambassador for the firm at all times.